Special Commemorative print, marking 80 years since Operation Chastise - 16th-17th May 1943.
Wing Commander Guy Gibson with his trusty dog, along with the rest of his crew as they're about to board Avro Lancaster ED932, AJ-G. Wing Commander Gibson led 133 aircrew of 617 Squadron, Royal Air Force; who between them flew 19 specially adapted Lancaster bombers on a bombing raid to destroy three dams in the Ruhr valley, a heavy industrial area in Germany.
Wing Commander Gibsons dog was sadly hit by a vehicle and killed on the evening of the 15th May, the night before the operation. He loved his dog and was greatly upset by his loss. It's quite possible he said farewell to his black Labrador prior to every flight in case it was his last. His dog has therefore been depicted partially transparent in appearance; a vision of his recently lost friend.
Title: "Farewell my Friend"
Print method: Giclée
Number of prints in the edition: 200
Paper size: 18.5" x 14.875"
Image size: 16.5" x 11.75"
Individually artist signed: Yes
Certificate of authenticity: Yes
CLICK HERE FOR SHIPPING RATES
WHAT IS A LIMITED EDITION GICLEE PRINT?
* High quality reproduction of an original painting, capturing accurately all aspects of the painted scene
* Produced on heavy weight archival grade 100% acid free media
* No more than the stated number of prints in an edition can be produced
* Your print number is unique (no duplicates) and form part of the edition
* The artist has numbered, signed, dated and examined each print in the edition
* An accompanying certificate is your guarantee of the prints authenticity
* All of the above add value to your print; the next best thing to owning an original painting
Share this product on social media...