PRINTS NOW AVAILABLE
Featuring a pair of F.6 Lightnings (74 Sqn) and PR.7 Canberra (81 Sqn) of the RAF Far East Air Force based at RAF Tengah; depicted flying along the Singapore coastline circa 1969.
LIGHTNING F6 - XS897, RAF 74 SQN
Issued to 74 Sqn. on 21 December 1966 and was allocated the code ‘K’. In late August 1971, it was transferred to 56 Sqn. after 74 Sqn.’s disbandment. It was last flown on 14 December 1987 and its flying time was 3,391 hours, 55 minutes. It was then sold off. Current status: preserved at Coningsby, painted as F.3 XP765, in 29 Sqn. markings and coded ‘A’.
LIGHTNING F6 - XS921, RAF 74 SQN
Issued to 74 Sqn. on 21 December 1966 and became ‘M’. After 74 Sqn.’s disbandment, it was transferred to 56 Sqn. in September 1971. Fate: abandoned on 19 September 1985, 30 miles E of Flamborough, Yorkshire, when the aircraft entered an unintentional spin. The pilot ejected and survived.
CANBERRA PR.7 - WH797, RAF 81 SQN
Issued to FEAF 28 March 1961 and it joined 81 Sqn. 29 March 1961. Declared Cat.3 on 2 February 1963, it was allocated for repair to 389 MU (Seletar) 18 April 1963. Not returned to 81 Sqn. until 10 June 1964. Assessed as Cat.3(Flyable) on 20 February 1965, this was upgraded to Cat.3 on 22 August 1966 and it was back on 81 Sqn.’s strength on 8 September 1966. Declared Cat.3 14 November 1968 after flight, it being returned to 81 Sqn. on 25 November 1968. Assessed as Cat.3 on 22 October 1969, it was back with 81 Sqn. 28 November 1969. UK – to St. Athan, Wales, on 16 January 1970. FATE – sold as scrap to Hanningfield Metals by October 1992. Information source by Ian Old
WHAT IS A LIMITED EDITION GICLEE PRINT?
* High quality reproduction of an original painting, capturing accurately all aspects of the painted scene
* Produced on heavy weight archival grade 100% acid free media
* No more than the stated number of prints in an edition can be produced
* Your print number is unique (no duplicates) and form part of the edition
* The artist has numbered, signed, dated and examined each print in the edition
* An accompanying certificate is your guarantee of the prints authenticity
* All of the above add value to your print; the next best thing to owning an original painting
If you are interested in commissioning a painting for yourself, or as a gift, then please CLICK HERE for details
Sizes available to suit different budgets
Share this post on social media...