Avro Vulcan XM607 during a test flight following her last major service at RAF St Athan, April 1979. At the time XM607 was with RAF IX(B) Squadron. Caught in the beam of Nash Point Lighthouse (Marcross, Wales); the Vulcan gracefully banks as she follows the coastline before heading back to RAF St Athan.
The painting's title is a reference to the calm nature of the test flight, compared to the dangers of the Falklands bombing raid that lay ahead. (Black Buck 1 - 30th April - 1st May 1982)
Title: The Calm before the Storm
Print method: Giclée
Number of prints in the edition: 250
Paper size: 21.25"x15.75"
Image size: 19.25"x13.25"
Paper size: 25.125"x18.625"
Image size: 22.625"x15.625"
Paper size: 29"x21.5"
Image size: 26"x18"
Individually artist signed: Yes
Certificate of authenticity: Yes
CLICK HERE FOR SHIPPING RATES
WHAT IS A LIMITED EDITION GICLEE PRINT?
* High quality reproduction of an original painting, capturing accurately all aspects of the painted scene
* Produced on heavy weight archival grade 100% acid free media
* No more than the stated number of prints in an edition can be produced
* Your print number is unique (no duplicates) and form part of the edition
* The artist has numbered, signed, dated and examined each print in the edition
* An accompanying certificate is your guarantee of the prints authenticity
* All of the above add value to your print; the next best thing to owning an original painting
Share this product on social media...