P-51D "MYRT II" NA-5 serial 44-13526 - Lieut. Leonard B. Fuller of the 355th Fighter Group, 357th Fighter Squadron (8th Air Force)
This scene shows Lt Leonard B Fuller flying over the farm he lived on and towards the cemetery where he now rests. It was one of his greatest ambitions to fly his plane over his farm.
Fuller was killed in action on July 7th 1944 when his plane was hit by flak near Blankenhain, Germany. He tragically lost his life when his parachute failed him. He was buried in the old cemetery in that same town, with his remains being repatriated in 1950. He now rests next to his parents in West Middlebury Cemetery, located near his farm in Linden, New York. Fragments of his P51D "MYRT II" were recovered from the forest near Blankenhain and brought back to the United States. A piece was placed in the earth just over Leonard's grave.
Title: Bitter Sweet Ambition
Print method: Giclee
Number of prints in the edition: 100
Paper size: 14" x 11.5"
Image size: 11.7" x 8.25"
Individually artist signed: Yes
Certificate of authenticity: Yes
CLICK HERE FOR SHIPPING RATES
WHAT IS A LIMITED EDITION GICLEE PRINT?
* High quality reproduction of an original painting, capturing accurately all aspects of the painted scene
* Produced on heavy weight archival grade 100% acid free media
* No more than the stated number of prints in an edition can be produced
* Your print number is unique (no duplicates) and form part of the edition
* The artist has numbered, signed, dated and examined each print in the edition
* An accompanying certificate is your guarantee of the prints authenticity
* All of the above add value to your print; the next best thing to owning an original painting
Share this product on social media...