Featuring the USS Saratoga CV-3 and aircraft SNJ-2 BuNo 2549 and SB2U-2 BuNo 1343 (circa June 1941).“Brown Shoe” is a slang term for an aviator. Traditionally, Naval aviators wore brown footwear with the surface Navy wearing black.
With the establishment of Bureau of Aeronautics (BuAer) in 1921, the “brown shoes” gained an approximately equal place at the naval table. Part of that new group was Aubrey Wray “Jake” Fitch, who earned his wings at age 47. He would go on to command the Navy’s first three aircraft carriers and was promoted to Rear Admiral in July 1940 assuming command of Carrier Division One.
This painting is a composite that blends Fitch’s two assigned aircraft from that time, SB2U-2 BuNo 1343 and SNJ-2 BuNo 2549 with his flagship, USS Saratoga (CV-3).
Title: Brown Shoe Navy
Print method: Giclee
Number of prints in the edition: 100
Paper size: 19" x 15.5"
Image size: 16.5" x 11.5"
Individually artist signed: Yes
Certificate of authenticity: Yes
CLICK HERE FOR SHIPPING RATES
WHAT IS A LIMITED EDITION GICLEE PRINT?
* High quality reproduction of an original painting, capturing accurately all aspects of the painted scene
* Produced on heavy weight archival grade 100% acid free media
* No more than the stated number of prints in an edition can be produced
* Your print number is unique (no duplicates) and form part of the edition
* The artist has numbered, signed, dated and examined each print in the edition
* An accompanying certificate is your guarantee of the prints authenticity
* All of the above add value to your print; the next best thing to owning an original painting
Share this product on social media...
There are no reviews yet.