US Navy Lieutenant Vernon H. Larson's successful close air support attack on the Pacific island of Itu Aba 1st May 1945. The Lockheed PV-1 Ventura unleashed Napalm and HVAR 5" rockets, virtually destroying all of the Japanese communications and the supply depot on the island. The attack angle was from a 400 yard “slant range” with napalm dropped at 100 feet, 200 knots.
For this successful mission he was awarded The Distinguished Flying Cross. At the conclusion of hostilities Lieutenant Larson had been awarded five Air Medals and numerous campaign ribbons.
Title: Kicking up Sand
Print method: Giclee
Number of prints in the edition: 50
Paper size: 15.7/8" x 13"
Image size: 13.7/8"x9.5"
Individually artist signed: Yes
Certificate of authenticity: Yes
CLICK HERE FOR SHIPPING RATES
WHAT IS A LIMITED EDITION GICLEE PRINT?
* High quality reproduction of an original painting, capturing accurately all aspects of the painted scene
* Produced on heavy weight archival grade 100% acid free media
* No more than the stated number of prints in an edition can be produced
* Your print number is unique (no duplicates) and form part of the edition
* The artist has numbered, signed, dated and examined each print in the edition
* An accompanying certificate is your guarantee of the prints authenticity
* All of the above add value to your print; the next best thing to owning an original painting
Share this product on social media...