Depicting the final moments of Commander James Franklin Patterson and Lieutenant Walter Palmer Lathrop and the tragic events that lead to their deaths.
Patterson who was from California’s San Joaquin Valley (Maricopa, Ca) was commanding officer for VC-94 Squadron serving on the USS Shamrock Bay escort carrier when on April 9th 1945 Pattersons FM-2 Wildcat was hit by AA Fire whilst investigating enemy positions over the island of Okinawa, near the infamous Hacksaw Ridge. Following a strike to his engine Patterson then collided with Curtis SOC-3 Seagull BuNo 1125 from the USS Tuscaloosa (CA-37) piloted by Lt Walter Palmer Lathrop.
Title: Son of the San Joaqiun Valley
Print method: Giclee
Number of prints in the edition: 100
Paper size: 19" x 15.5"
Image size: 16.5" x 11.5"
Individually artist signed: Yes
Certificate of authenticity: Yes
CLICK HERE FOR SHIPPING RATES
WHAT IS A LIMITED EDITION GICLEE PRINT?
* High quality reproduction of an original painting, capturing accurately all aspects of the painted scene
* Produced on heavy weight archival grade 100% acid free media
* No more than the stated number of prints in an edition can be produced
* Your print number is unique (no duplicates) and form part of the edition
* The artist has numbered, signed, dated and examined each print in the edition
* An accompanying certificate is your guarantee of the prints authenticity
* All of the above add value to your print; the next best thing to owning an original painting
Share this product on social media...