On the 5th June 1979, the first production GR1 Tornado (ZA319) was delivered to TTTE Warton. This painting is a tribute commemorating those 40 years of the Tornado and it's retirement with the RAF March 2019. The painting features these two Tornados:
GR1: ZA586, the first GR1 delivered into squadron service with IX (B) Squadron. Classic camo scheme.
GR4: ZD716, 31 Squadron
Retirement 'Gold Star' scheme
Sqn Leader Mike Stephens was tragically killed when ZA586 crashed on the 27th September 1983 on the Sandringham Estate at Wolferton. I will therefore also pay tribute to Stephens and acknowledge him within the painting description on each print
20% of each print sale is going to the Royal Air Force Association
Title: Tributorum Tonka
Print method: Giclee
Number of prints in the edition: 100 (all sizes combined make up a total of 100 prints)
Paper size: 19" x 15.5"
Image size: 17" x 12.5"
Paper size: 23.5" x 19"
Image size: 21" x 15.5"
Individually artist signed: Yes
Certificate of authenticity: Yes
CLICK HERE FOR SHIPPING RATES
WHAT IS A LIMITED EDITION GICLEE PRINT?
* High quality reproduction of an original painting, capturing accurately all aspects of the painted scene
* Produced on heavy weight archival grade 100% acid free media
* No more than the stated number of prints in an edition can be produced
* Your print number is unique (no duplicates) and form part of the edition
* The artist has numbered, signed, dated and examined each print in the edition
* An accompanying certificate is your guarantee of the prints authenticity
* All of the above add value to your print; the next best thing to owning an original painting
Share this product on social media...