Mk.1 Spitfire X4277 (XT-M) of No 603 (City of Edinburgh) Squadron Auxiliary Air Force, flown by Flt Lt Richard Hillary RAFVR
Marking the 80th anniversary of the Battle of Britain, and a tribute to Hillary who was shot down on 3rd September 1940, sustaining serious burns. Although he recovered and returned to flight, Hillary was tragically killed later on in the war, alongside Navigator/Radio Operator Sgt Wilfred Fison, when their Bristol Blenheim crashed on farmland in Berwickshire, Scotland, during a night training flight in adverse weather conditions on 8th January 1943.
Title: Victory's Fire
Print method: Giclee
Number of prints in the edition: 250
Paper size: 16 7/8" x 13"
Image size: 14 7/8" x 10"
Individually artist signed: Yes
Certificate of authenticity: Yes
CLICK HERE FOR SHIPPING RATES
WHAT IS A LIMITED EDITION GICLEE PRINT?
* High quality reproduction of an original painting, capturing accurately all aspects of the painted scene
* Produced on heavy weight archival grade 100% acid free media
* No more than the stated number of prints in an edition can be produced
* Your print number is unique (no duplicates) and form part of the edition
* The artist has numbered, signed, dated and examined each print in the edition
* An accompanying certificate is your guarantee of the prints authenticity
* All of the above add value to your print; the next best thing to owning an original painting
Share this product on social media...