Flying gracefully over Lincoln Cathedral, these four aircraft highlight the importance of past and present UK air defence. The Lancaster and Spitfire are shown breaking away from the formation to symbolise old heroes moving aside to make way for the Vulcan and a modern day fighter, the Typhoon, as the RAF continue their story. This is reflected perfectly in the paintings title.
SPITFIRE P9386, RAF 19(F) Sqn (Battle of Britain). LANCASTER ED932, RAF 617 Sqn (Operation Chastise). VULCAN XM607, RAF 44 Sqn (Falklands War). EUROFIGHTER TYPHOON ZK342, RAF 3(F) Sqn (Quick Reaction Alert Station: RAF Coningsby).
Title: Changing of the Guard
Print method: Giclee
Number of prints in the edition: 250 (all sizes combined make up a total of 250 prints)
Paper size: 20.75"x15.875"
Image size: 18.625"x13.375"
Paper size: 23.625"x18.125"
Image size: 21.25"x15.25"
Paper size: 26.5"x20.25"
Image size: 23.75"x17"
Paper size: 29.375"x22.5"
Image size: 26.375"x18.875"
Individually artist signed: Yes
Certificate of authenticity: Yes
CLICK HERE FOR SHIPPING RATES
WHAT IS A LIMITED EDITION GICLEE PRINT?
* High quality reproduction of an original painting, capturing accurately all aspects of the painted scene
* Produced on heavy weight archival grade 100% acid free media
* No more than the stated number of prints in an edition can be produced
* Your print number is unique (no duplicates) and form part of the edition
* The artist has numbered, signed, dated and examined each print in the edition
* An accompanying certificate is your guarantee of the prints authenticity
* All of the above add value to your print; the next best thing to owning an original painting